Saturday, March 27, 2010

Classic Horror DVD the ultimate starter pack

Lately, I have been getting into classic horror movies. I am not talking about the classic teenager camp-out slasher flicks. I mean the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s classics that star the likes of Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, and Vincent Price.

My interest in these films were re-sparked by conversations with another movie enthusiast that works with me. I had a rough time finding these movies on television and they are rarely at the video rental stores.



I turned to Amazon to find some of the classic titles we were talking about and found a collection that I could not pass up. A pack of 50 movies with some of the best actors from that era. Yes you have to be into these kinds of films but if you are this is a great collection to get you going on the cheap.

At first, I was skeptical of the quality of such a collection for the price but once I received them and began to watch I wasn't let down. They came in a professional case with each of the 12 DVDs in an envelope describing the movies on each of them.

Now you won't find the original Dracula, Frankenstein, or Wolfman on this collection but you will find great titles like Nosferatu, House on Haunted Hill, and the original Jeckyl and Hyde.

So if you are a classic horror movie fan this is a collection that you must have.

No comments: