Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TV is becoming irresistible lately. Here's my top 10 favorite show on the DVR.

 I hate to admit it but the television shows on this year have sucked me into the time wasting warp like no other year.  Normally, there would be one maybe two shows that you would watch regularly.  But now with the new-fangled DVR, you can set up to record all your favorite shows and watch them at your leisure.

For me that is awesome because I am a night owl and only get to watch the box in the middle of the night.  Had it not been for DVDs and DVR, I would be stuck watching the latest infomercial about losing weight, making money, or clearing up my wrinkles and pimples.


Here is the big list of shows that demand my attention weekly. Highlighted are the shows that I have gone so far as to buy them on DVD.

1.    Modern Family-This first season show starring Ed O'Neill and the Caliente' Colombian actress Sofía Vergara in this far from normal family unit. I was hooked from the Pilot episode.

2.    The Office- This show now in its seventh season keeps me in stitches each week.  I hope it will go on at full steam with Steve Carell leaving the show this year.

3.    The Walking Dead- OMG! This is my new favorite zombie show based on a comic storyline from Robert Kirkman. The new AMC series is about an apocolypitic and zombie filled earth but has a cast of characters that resembles a Lost kind of story line with it. Don't believe me? Watch this free sneak peek













4.    The Apprentice Like him or not, Donald Trump put the reality in business life testing every candidate for a seat in his organization.  I enjoy the drama amongst the contestants more than anything.
5.    King of Queens I have more of these episodes on my DVR than anything else.  Kevin James and Jerry Stiller are still side-splitting.
6.    Billy the Exterminator Heading into it's third season the animal trapper, roach killer, bee transporter strikes again with unbelievable work orders to fill.
7.    Storage Wars This is one of my top shows on TV right now.  It's real, and has a chance of success or failure when legitimately attempted off camera.  The cast of characters squabble over the contents of a storage unit that some one has abandoned.
8.    Glory daze No not the Ben Affleck movie.  Its about going to college in the 80's, my kind of time.
9.    Family guy Morbid and off color humor at its finest.  Check out the Star Wars Parody trilogy pack.
10.  Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew It's like a car accident that you should'nt watch but you can't look away.  Addiction is a really sad thing and to see some of the talent that gets themselves into that lifestyle is amazing. 

I can’t even believe that I spend this much time each week watching these shows but they are entertaining.  Each one of them is either funny, inspirational, or the drama keeps me coming back for more.

What’s on your DVR? Comment and share with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glory daze was canceled

Gray Rabbit said...

Then I will have to replace that show with Storage Wars.

YEP!